Thursday, March 02, 2006

Onward and upward

Well, looks like I'll be in Michigan the next two years. It was a tough call--Minnesota had a lot of intangibles going for it, not least of which was Vergasy's being around. However, Michigan had a significantly larger faculty, which meant more classes that were appealing, as well as more electives built into the curriculum. I remember the immense number of available classes being what I most enjoyed about Yale (apart from the comraderie, of course). And I recognize that grad school is a bit of a different ballgame in this regard, but in the end, that's what carried the day. I'm excited to get started on a career path that's going somewhere (I've been spinning my wheels in a law firm for a year knowing I wasn't going to law school).

So, Verg, sad to say, I won't be in town. It really is disappointing to me, because I do have very real aspirations of leaving near some of you guys down the road. My next best shot may be China for an internship next summer or perhaps as a job after I graduate.

Unless any of you are itching to move to a town with nothing apart from a university...or if Detroit beckons...

Right. I guess not.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vergasy said...

Congrats on getting in! Boo on not coming to Minnesota!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Tally Ho said...

Congrats as well! It's aboot time you heard, eh?

11:36 PM  
Blogger wiley said...

That's great Drew, and get in touch about the China thing. Speaking of which, any of you dudes still thinking about comin' over in June? It'll be about the best possible time to visit I think.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home